Happy New Year! Welcome to Two Catholic Guys. We hope you enjoy our first episode of 2017.
This time around, we’re taking a break from our usual topics and instead are discussing boardgames and sharing some exhortations we wrote with you. We hope you like the change!
- 00:00: Greetings and discussing the (Scotch) whiskey we just unboxed (Lost Distilleries Batch 8 Blend). Check out the unboxing video on our Facebook page. We also posted a few pictures to Facebook.
- 01:33: We’re doing something a little different this time around, because political fatigue. Instead, boardgames and exhortations!
- 02:44: Opening prayer.
- 03:33: Preamble to Brandon’s exhortation.
- 04:44: Brandon’s exhortation, entitled “Nice People, Awful People, and Mercy”. You can download Brandon’s exhortation here.
- 10:59: Praying into Brandon’s exhortation.
- 11:50: We discuss Venerable Fulton Sheen’s talk on Choice.
- 15:33: Resident Evil (deck building game) and that time Anthony played chess in Miami.
- 20:23: Pandemic (cooperative game) and general considerations about randomness in games.
- 23:05: Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game (AKA Anthony’s least favorite game / Brandon’s favorite game).
- 27:37: Airlines: Europe vs Ticket to Ride.
- 28:51: Bar Wars, Brandon’s deck building game.
- 30:16: Splendor (token + card game). Tabletop Game Cafe vs Kingmakers Board Game Parlour. Scrabble vs Bananagrams.
- 34:49: Followers of the Way, Anthony’s deck building game. Shoutout to the Catholic Geeks group on FB!
- 37:07: Boss Monster (dungeon building card game).
- 38:49: We discuss the movie we watched, Hot Fuzz, and the Every Frame a Painting episode about Edgar Wright (not Simon Pegg; my bad).
- 40:54: We discuss our favorite games of all time, and playing games with kids. We recommend Haba games like Here, Fishy, Fishy!. The kids also like Froggy Boogie and Bugsy (which I cannot find on Amazon). Anthony has also gotten into modding games like Card Wars and Splendor so younger kids can play them.
- 46:05: Preamble to Anthony’s exhortation.
- 46:50: Anthony’s exhortation, entitled “Priesthood and Fatherhood”, which you can download here. Heads-up, the volume shot up here for some reason.
- 54:15: Thanks for joining us!
Email us at: email@example.com