Welcome to another fantastic episode of Two Catholic Guys!
Embarrassingly, we actually recorded almost a month ago, and will be recording again this Tuesday. Oh well. Enjoy! (Note: at a few points there are some weird clicking noises, but the sound goes away pretty quickly.)
- 00:00: Musical intro, greetings, Evan Williams Extra Aged Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, and our opening prayer.
- 03:01: Most Ridiculous News Item: Donatos is offering a free smartphone for the purchase of a pizza!
- 05:04: Serious Stuff: Senate bill to repeal Obamacare stalled until after recess. We discuss a single-payer system as an alternative.
- 14:23: Catholic Stuff: The Charismatic Renewal celebrates 50 years! How does this correlate to the 50 years since the 2nd Vatican Council?
- 19:35: Fr Julián Carrón, the head of Communion and Liberation, recently gave a two part interview (part 1 | part 2) about the state of the Church and his new book, Disarming Beauty.
- 23:28: Pope Francis celebrates his 25th year as a bishop, and we drink the Blended Whiskey Company Half-Century Blend in his honor.
- 25:40: Pope Francis meets with an Orthodox delegation from the Ecumenical Patriarchate, marking the 50th year since these meetings began. A brief discussion of the Filioque problem and how it’s not needed in Greek.
- 29:51: There’s a new Greek Melkite Catholic Patriarch! If we reunite with the Orthodox, do their patriarchs become “superbishops”? What happens to the Pope?
- 33:52: Fun Stuff: The Han Solo movie loses its directors over “creative differences”.
- 36:25: Joss Whedon is directing Batgirl. Zach Snyder’s daughter committed suicide, so we pray for them.
- 38:10: Apparently Wonder Woman is amazing. [Anthony has now seen it: It is pretty good, but not Spiderman: Homecoming good.]
- 39:24: Han Solo movie gains Ron Howard as its new director. The last time he worked with Lucasfilm was when he did Willow. We go on a tangent about small actors. What’s the point of a Han Solo movie with a not-so-much-younger Han? What would make a good young Yoda movie? What kinds of Force users are there besides the Jedi and Sith?
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org