Welcome to another crazy episode of Two Catholic Guys!
This show was actually recorded a few weeks ago — apologies for the delay, but real life. We actually attempted recording an interview with someone even before that, but due to technical issues, their side of the audio was lost. Hopefully we can try that again someday. In the meantime, enjoy the two of us ranting as we do.
- 00:00: Musical intro, greetings, 21 year old Glenfarclas, an Oban Little Bay, and our opening prayer.
- 02:43: Nothing but crazy news this week, so we skip The Most Ridiculous News Item.
- 03:50: We start with Pope Francis and his 13/May in-flight interview, where he opts to withhold judgement of Trump until he meets him.
- 05:34: We touch briefly on a recent NPR interview with Peter Wehner and his call to not dehumanize those with opposing views.
- 06:08: Back to Pope Francis, we discuss his pilgrimage to Fatima and the canonization of Francisco and Jacinta Marto.
- 08:32: Donald Trump and Russia: would he really carelessly reveal classified information?
- 10:25: FBI Directory James Comey fired for… reasons. And Mitch McConnell seems to be trolling the Democrats. We continue discussing our perception of Trump thus far.
- 13:35: A brief aside about Ohio Governor John Kasich’s interview with Charlie Rose about his new book.
- 14:00: We discuss Emmanuel Macron’s victory in the presidential elections in France, Russian meddling in that election, and an interesting personal fact about him. We segue into a discussion of ageism against women in Hollywood.
- 17:33: We discuss the WannaCry ransomware attacks. The bottom line: keep your software updated!
- 21:34: Introducing a new segment called “Catholic Stuff”. We discuss Blessed Fr Solanus Casey.
- 23:20: Pope Francis meets with Pope Tawadros II, and the Catholic and Coptic Churches announce that they recognize each other’s baptisms.
- 25:45: We discuss Archbishop Eamon Martin’s fantastic article on engaging secular culture.
- 30:13: Fun stuff! Save Biisuke! Ball Brothers Big Adventure. Seth Macfarlane’s Orville (trailer).
Why Basque names are perfect for your next fantasy book.
- 38:00: Yet another article about Millenials, via CNN; this time about Young vs Old Millennials.
- 41:41: Things you can say in response to literally anything when you have nothing else to say.
- 43:00: Switching back to a serious topic: Apple’s $1B manufacturing fund announced. Give credit where credity is due. Discussing the price of the next iPhone, and Anthony’s SE. Closing prayer.
Email us at: email@example.com