Hey everybody! Thank you for your patience. Please enjoy another riveting episode of Two Catholic Guys!
This episode’s Church Father is St John Chrysostom.
- 00:00: Greetings, what we’re drinking, funny stories about hot/spicy things, and opening prayer.
- 02:50: Easter Homily by St John Chrysostom
- 06:37: Anthony has been working on a Dominionesque, Patristics-themed card game, so we discuss Church Fathers (including Theophan the Recluse), and Heresies.
- 11:40: Most Ridiculous News Item: Turkish company creates transformer from BMW 3-series.
- 13:01: We discuss the First 2016 Presidental Debate (transcript), and the surprisingly consistent views of Trump on certain topics.
- 15:49: Scott Adams, of Dilbert fame, switched his endorsement from Clinton to Trump because of tax policy. We also discuss another hinge issue for folks, namely, the pro-life cause.
- 19:00: George HW Bush is voting for Clinton. What are the other Bushes up to? What does it mean to be a centrist? Can moderates change the world? Letter from a Birmingham Jail.
- 25:03: NFL ratings falling. NFL Commissioner responds.
- 29:10: PSA: Don’t drill into your iPhone 7! (warning: language)
- 31:31: Indigenous Australians are the most ancient civilization in the world, according to new DNA study. Meanwhile, all we can do is think about Crocodile Dundee.
- 33:57: JEB EXCLAMATION POINT featured in Emmy’s skit. They don’t make debates like they used to. What does the ideal debate look like? Why aren’t candidates just themselves during their campaigns? (See John McCain.) Tangentially, we recommend you read The Mystical Body of Christ (by the Venerable Fulton Sheen) and So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed (by Jon Ronson).
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org