It’s hard to believe, but we’re in the home stretch for the end of Lent. We hope you’ve been having a good one! (And if not, you can still end strong!) Welcome to the most musical episode of Two Catholic Guys!
Our intro and segue music was kindly provided by a friend who wishes to remain anonymous. We also used a few snippets from The Cool Kids’ Black Mags (obtained via Archive.org and heard in Marvel’s Iron Fist show on Netflix).
Aside from using music this time around, we were also experimenting with remote recording. The sound quality suffered a bit as a result, so I apologize in advance.
- 00:00: Sweet musical intro.
- 00:17: Greetings, a bit about our remote recording, and what we’re drinking (A: Redemption Rye, B: Water).
- 01:46: Opening prayer.
- 02:26: Anthony reads Fr Thomas J. Loya’s kind and detailed response to his recent email about hesychasm, the spirituality of silence, the Charismatic movement, and more! Fr Loya can be heard on Light of the East and Beyond the Veil.
- 09:34: Ridiculous News: Breakfast hero eats pancakes in the middle of the road like it’s no big deal. Learn more about Florida Man, the unsung superhero of the South. Was Hancock basically Florida Man?
- 12:34: President Trump signs 19.5 billion dollar NASA bill. We love NASA,
so we’re excited by this little ray of sunshine from the White House.
- 15:36: We discuss the failure of the American Health Care Act and rifts in the political landscape. Who knew healthcare was so complicated?
- 27:37: Anthony live-translates an interview (in Spanish) with Monsignor Andrés Carrascosa Coso, Apostolic Nuncio to Panamá,
about World Youth Day 2019. He also translates Pope Francis’ video message (in Spanish) to the youth of Panama preparing for WYD 2019.
- 36:14: Brandon discusses his newest favorite videogame: Disc Jam. We discuss other innovative games like Rocket League. Sidebar about original concepts, and how the same thing over and over again is getting old and stale. We also muse on small game studios and how awesome it is that a one-man or two-man team can pull off stuff like Prince of Persia and Civilization. Brandon plugs Soda Dungeon, which was created by a friend’s cousin. Sidebar about the uncanny valley and how pixel art avoids it.
- 46:23: Anthony discusses Iron Fist and how great the show is in spite of Danny’s naïveté. How does the galactic vs planetary vs city-level superheroing play out? Looking forward to the Defenders.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org