Hey everybody! Welcome to another fantastic episode of Two Catholic Guys!
We somehow turned on an echo filter when recording, so use your imaginations to picture us recording in a great basilica somewhere.
- 00:00: Greetings, what we’re drinking, and opening prayer.
- 01:09: Most Ridiculous News Item: Vladimir Putin arrested in West Palm Beach.
- 01:49: Donald Trump’s favorability among African Americans is at 0% (just like Mitt Romney in 2012). Meanwhile, according to the Washington Post, a record number of Americans dislike Hillary Clinton. And lastly, Anthony shares his experience discussing Trump vs Clinton on Facebook, and the generational divide in the debate.
- 07:45: Joseph Pearce opines on the American Solidarity Party, and so does Fr Dwight Longenecker.
- 11:08: Fr Dwight chimes in on Mark Shea and Simcha Fisher losing their jobs at the National Catholic Register. We go on a tangent about “blog authority”, converts who catechize, and making people into celebrities.
- 22:33: Apple has been ordered to pay €13B in taxes by the European Union. We discuss the taxing of corporations.
- 26:14: Someone stole a nun’s rosary at knife point.
- 28:10: Gawker.com shutting down — and good riddance! Facebook changes how they show their news, and it’s annoying. Brandon has deleted his Facebook account.
- 31:57: Pope Francis continues his whirlwind reform of the curia.
- 34:39: Mongolia ordains its first native priest — and there is much rejoicing!
- 38:33: Amazon is piloting teams with a 30-hour work week.
- 42:41: burkinis and facekinis are a thing. France has struck down a ban on burkinisfacekinis become all the rage in China.
- 45:32: an insane fan theory has emerged that Supreme Leader Snoke is none other than Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Boba Fett (obviously). We muse on Star Trek vs Star Wars and opportunities that JJ Abrams has missed in his reboot of Star Wars.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org