Hey everybody! It’s been a few months since we recorded, but we’re finally back with our sixth episode! HUZZAH!
- 00:00: Greetings, what we’re drinking, why we haven’t been recording, opening prayer, why babies are cute.
- 02:06: Most Ridiculous News Item: Man quits his job to play Pokémon Go full-time.
- 04:08: Applications of augmented reality and virtual reality, Dennou Coil, prediction about Pokémon failing in the year 2000, Conan O’Brien “In the Year 2000” skit.
- 08:01: The Holy and Great Council of the Orthodox Church, council proceeds in spite of certain churches not participating.
- 12:35: Donald Trump is the official nominee of the Republican Party, ditto for Hillary Clinton for the Democratic Party, what does the future of American politics look like?, pursuing third party options (Gary Johnson for the Libertarian Party, Darrell Castle for the Constitution Party, Dr Jill Stein for the Green Party, and Mike Maturen for the American Solidarity Party), voting ethics, political parties in Panamá.
- 27:29: Concern for the poor, personal witness from Brandon of a conversation he had while riding the bus recently.
- 32:31: Daredevil season 2, Luke Cage trailer, John Henry Irons / Steel / Shaquille O’Neal, other black superheroes (standalone, not derived from existing characters, like Black Panther, Storm, and Falcon), “My Life as a Weapon” (Hawkeye), The Phantom.
- 38:56: 1989’s Batman had Billy Dee Williams, who sadly never got to be Two-Face in 1995’s Batman Forever.
- 39:26: Philando Castile (not Philandro as I thought!), racial tensions, the police, violence in America, and positive stories, like Snoop Dogg and others calling a meeting with the gangs of LA to stop the violence.
- 43:39: Hamilton, WSJ infographic on rhyming patterns, Guns and Ships, Daveed Diggs on Jimmy Fallon, Dear Theodosia.
- 45:17: Star Trek Beyond, George Takei reacts to Sulu being revealed as gay, Simon Pegg defends his decision, Zachary Quinto responds, and George Takei clarifies his comments, is a lesbian couple in Finding Dory?, and an interesting fact about Subaru.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org